Proud to be the voice of medical laboratory professionals, we are passionate about bringing attention to our profession’s vital contribution to Canadian health care.
CSMLS staff, Board of Directors and volunteers use opportunities throughout the year in various advocacy activities to promote awareness and understanding of medical laboratory professionals and their work.
Our advocacy efforts have included:
- meeting with elected government officials on Parliament Hill to highlight successes and challenges in the profession on an annual basis
- hosting Members of Parliament in their local riding laboratories so they may witness, first-hand, the significant work accomplished in medical laboratories
- continuing the 30-year tradition of sponsoring Medical Laboratory Week to recognize, celebrate and promote medical lab professionals by reaching out to audiences both inside and outside of the lab
- maintaining communications with our provincial partners to monitor and address the needs of the profession
- supporting provincial partners to provide local education, networking and advocacy opportunities for the profession
- training volunteer Ambassadors in the field, educating the public about their chosen profession
- pursuing creative social media campaigns to garner general public awareness