The CSMLS Board of Directors met on May 28 and 29 via videoconference. Below are some highlights from that meeting:
- The Board of Directors elected Michele Sykes as its Vice President for 2022. Michele is currently serving as the Director, Manitoba & Saskatchewan.
- The Board continued work on a validation of the CSMLS strategic plan. It is a best practice to validate and make any necessary amendments to a strategic plan at the mid-point of its five-year lifecycle.
- The Board received an update on the Boundaries of Simulation Project (MLT). This project aims to develop guidance for educational programs on the appropriate use of simulation for each MLT competency.
- The Board reviewed and approved CSMLS’s first quarter financial statements. The Board was satisfied with the organization’s financial health.
- The Board reviewed CSMLS’s first quarter Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). KPIs report on how well CSMLS is achieving its strategic plan and provide a snapshot to the BOD of the organization’s health.
The Board of Directors will next meet on September 11 via videoconference.