Canadian Journal of Medical Laboratory Science (CJMLS)
The CJMLS is the official publication of the CSMLS. A quarterly print publication, it offers readers interesting views on trends and issues specific to the medical laboratory profession in Canada. Sections include reader-submitted Perspectives, laboratory safety, Society news and peer-reviewed scientific articles. Annual subscription to the CJMLS is complimentary with CSMLS membership, but subscriptions for non-members are available by filling out the form below.
Contribute to the CJMLS
We welcome contributions to our publication from members of the medical laboratory community. There are two ways to contribute:
This is your opportunity to share your unique point-of-view. Every issue we publish articles from lab students, managers, educators and technologists, about their unique experiences in the medical laboratory field.
If you are interested in contributing to the CJMLS with your view on the laboratory industry, contact email@example.com with your topic of interest and contact information.
Two issues of the CJMLS per year focus on the publication of peer-reviewed, scientific articles. These articles can include:
- Scientific studies, instrument evaluations or studies related to management and organizations.
- Case studies or reports featuring the role of the laboratory in diagnosis and treatment.
- Discussion of new developments in medical laboratory technologies
Going through a peer-review process towards publication can be a rewarding experience. As a published author in the CJMLS, you benefit from:
- Visibility of your work within the medical laboratory industry
- Build or expand your professional portfolio
- Feedback on your paper from the scientific review committee comprised of active medical laboratory professionals
- No submission fees
Interested in learning more?
Download the Information booklet to learn more about the accepted materials, preferred layout and referencing, and submission guidelines.